Sunday, July 17, 2022

What's happening in 2022

Here we are already half way through 2022. Lots of things have happened, lots of drawings done. Not much blogging but I always have good intentions of updating more often.

This year I decided to try a huge drawing. I have always wanted to do this. Now I have a great studio space to do it in and no excuses. I have cut a length of paper that is approximately 2 metres tall and about 1.5 (or a bit less) and clipped it to some ply board. 

I thought it might be interesting to draw in Biro. It has been interesting but also frustrating because the Biro does not like working on a vertical surface even with the pen held at an angle so the ink can flow down. I love the scale and I love the effect. I will definitely be doing more large drawings.



(photos courtesy of Little Pink dog Books)


I finished the illustrations for my book, Edward's War which is being published by Little Pink Dog Books and will be out in October. This is the link to the publisher's website with details:

Edward’s War – Little Pink Dog Books


There has been time for some doodling too!







 

No comments: