Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time for an update

The Toy shop. This is one of the paintings for Sophie Masson's story about two dolls. The story was written because I gave her two of my handmade dolls. Whether we'll get a publisher interested, I don't know. I personally don't think there are enough stories about toys.
Just a boy, not a portrait of one real boy but a little bit of different boys, including my son Gabriel, now 15.

This is an illustration for Cinderella. I got the idea from an engraving by Dore. I love fairy tales with pictures that look like classical paintings.


Pan. I did love this fellow, maybe I shouldn't have sold him, still, I'd have to store him somewhere.



Sherlock Holmes and other murder mysteries have inspired me to do a series of illustrations which are not directly linked to any particular text but are supposed to suggest a narrative of their own
.

No comments: