Monday, December 9, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Did you know that today is Fiona's birthday? She's made it through half a century and managed to keep her youthful looks!
Fiona, aka Granny Fi, is holding her birthday presents from me. Two little tea cup dragons based on her larger dragon spawn, but I altered the pattern to make them teeny-weeny and very cute! She was very excited when she opened the tin, that looked like it had biscuits, to find them!

Now, one of the reasons that you may not know it's Fiona's birthday, or any other fun facts about her, is that she doesn't have a Wikipedia page. I've tried and tried to make one, but it keeps getting declined. Firstly, for not having enough references, next for having a tone that was 'unbefitting an encyclopaedia' and lastly for having too many references that came from interviews.
If there is anyone out there that wants to help me with this, please email me at beattiealvarez@gmail.com! I feel that she deserves a Wikipedia page for her contributions to changing the way we think about dolls and art and knitting.
So Happy Birthday Mum! We'll make you famous before your next birthday!
Love,
Beattie xoxo

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hello Fiona,

My best wishes for your birthday from the Netherlands.

A big fan of your knitted dolls.

Beth said...

Happy belated birthday, Fiona!!

Warmly,

Beth